Every drinker, from the casual sipper to the problematic professional, has a personal favorite that they always turn to. They also tend to brag about it online, and – thanks to social media – that stuff’s fairly easy to track down. That’s how the social app BARTENDr was able to put together a United States map featuring the favorite brand in each state.
This is what they came away with after nosing into the data of 700,000 of their app users:
- Crown Royal – Got a little bit of love from the likes of Delaware, Louisiana, Nevada, and Oklahoma.
- Evan Williams – The favorite of Arizona and Illinois.
- Fireball – There’s a whole lot of love out there for this stuff. In fact, 12 states lay claim to the love including Alaska, Arkansas, Maine, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Ohio, Rhode Island, and Wyoming.
- Hennessey – Counts states like Maine and New York as fans.
- Jack Daniels – It’s the favorite of 15 states, including Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Kansas, Montana, The Dakotas, Tennessee, Utah, Texas, Vermont, and West Virginia
- Jameson – A couple of states, Indiana and Pennsylvania, climbed onto this one.
- Patron – Connecticut and Washington opt for this brand tequila.
- “Unaffiliateds” – A few states had a tie at the top, which means that they’re either undecided or they really like to drink…a lot. Idaho, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, and New Jersey all fall into that category.
- The rest went off-the-board and had a singular fave that differed from the rest: Colorado (Bacardi), Michigan (Jim Beam), Oregon (Jose Cuervo), South Carolina (George Dickel), Virginia (Grey Goose), and Wisconsin (Captain Morgan).
Source: Wide Open Eats